What is a good translation? At LingMost we make sure to provide the best quality!
In this two-part video, Juliana Barembuem, our Team manager, describes two different theories about translations (contrastive vs. interpretive), and why one is better than the other. It is addressed to translators, but also to anyone interested in languages.
No more boring translations, no more translations that read as if they had been done by an automatic translator. No more struggling with finding exact “linguistic correspondences” while forgetting that what matters is the message conveyed by the author. If you aren’t yet familiarized with the interpretive method, give it a try! It is more fun, it takes less time, and you will be happy about the results.
Durieux, Christine – “¿Qué es una buena traducción?”, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 1987.
Durieux, Christine – Fondement didactique de la traduction technique, Didier Erudition, Paris, 1988.
And about Danika Seleskovitch, who developed the Interpretive Theory of Translation:
We learned all the hard lessons so you don’t have to.
Let’s make expat life in France easier.
Services for expats and individuals
Moving to France and settling into a new life routine takes a lot of energy. We make sure you don’t get lost on the paper trail: we translate and accompany you where needed, assist with French bureaucracy, explain French language and culture and help you with a smooth transition in every way.
Things we can help you with
- Dealing with formalities, authorities, insurance companies, accountants or notaries
- Contacting and corresponding with physicians and veterinarians
- language assistance whenever needed: translation of documents, assisted phone calls, accompanied visits
- Enrolling your children in the French education system
- Assisting with Brexit requirements for UK citizens in France
- Introduction to French culture
- Intensive language classes tailored to your needs
- Preparing the necessary steps before the move
How it works
We offer consultation via Skype, email and phone. If you need us to accompany or represent you in person, we’re happy to do so in the Toulouse region.
Let’s get in touch:
Phone: +44 xyz
We offer expat services for a live in France in English, Spanish, German, basic Russian as well as basic Chinese.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
What people say about us
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!